Monday, April 18, 2011

How to Grow from Good to Great

By Dr. Katie Rodan

One of my guilty pleasures has always been reading the fashion and celebrity magazines. I use them as a diversion while I am exercising on the elliptical machine, taking my mind away from my sore muscles as I continue to push on. I always flip straight to the back page to read my monthly horoscope. While my left brain tells me to remember my scientific training and dismiss horoscopes as “pookey-lookey” advice with predictions that are vague enough to apply to anyone, my right brain wants to believe it’s true. I especially enjoy the January issues which forecast the year ahead. I’m told with Jupiter and Uranus exiting the 10th house and Jupiter entering Aries, this year will bring “outstanding career success.” Even though I have no clue what all of this means, I love the conclusion. On another page of this magazine I read “self-help and destiny have equal shares in our future.” Horoscopes with nice prophecies are one thing; but this quote sums up the guiding principle that I live by in both my personal and professional life.

As I tell my patients, you can change your skin’s destiny. While genetic s determine your bone structure, skin type and color, the TLC you give your skin makes a huge difference in the overall quality of your complexion.  Taking your skin from “good to great” generally doesn’t require a major overhaul like a resurfacing laser treatment or deep chemical peel. A minor tweak in your daily skincare routine, like incorporating active ingredients such as retinoids, peptides, alpha hydroxy acids and sunscreen, goes a long way toward addressing common aging issues like dull skin, wrinkling and uneven pigmentation. While change doesn’t   happen overnight, given a month, you should expect to see significant improvement. Just like daily physical activity helps you stay in shape, an effective skincare program requires ongoing use.

My patients have also heard me say “be your own dermatologist.”  By that I mean, from time to time, reassess your complexion and make changes as necessary. For example, your summertime oily, acne-prone T Zone may shift gears, becoming dry and chapped while withstanding the winter wind chill. So adding a barrier repairing moisturizer will calm and soothe your skin and allow you to continue using your acne medications without irritation.

When I opened the March issue of my favorite publication and saw these words, “success grows on the tree of persistence,” I nodded in agreement. Whether it is your complexion, career or personal relationship, going from “good to great” takes just a little extra effort on a daily basis.


Your Green Invitation to Check Us Out!
Rodan+Fields Dermatologists
Executive Consultant
Trish Ackermann

http://facesbytrish.posterous.com
(615) 477.1230 verizon cell

MY STORY

I'm a former sales manager/trainer/wife and mom who jumped at the opportunity to the ride the coat-tails of the dermatologist who created ProActiv and they set out to change the face of skincare and lives with their signature line of products, Rodan + Fields Dermatology.

My goals were to find a new, creative option in which I could still mold my schedule around my kids, and still have time to volunteer at school and in my community. I have been profoundly blessed to find more than I was looking for with this business model and compensation plan!

My goal today...is to make it to the top of Rodan + Fields pay plan this year and give my husband the opportunity to retire from his 25 years of Corporate America by May of 2012!

Creating financial freedom for my family is rewarding but helping others to duplicate this success is what makes this the best type of business in the world!

Get ahead of the wave of economic change by joining me...Today!

Dial In 24/7 For the Business Opportunity Replays

605-475-4009, Access Code: 644240 # 

(wait, reference is the # key)

Posted via email from Faces by Trish *Rodan+Fields*

No comments:

Post a Comment