Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Dr. Is In … Tanorexic

Quantcast

By Dr. Katie Rodan

I confess I am a reformed tanorexic.  Growing up in Los Angeles, summer meant soaking up the rays on Topanga Beach. I delighted in seeing my bathing suit tan lines evolve day by day. The greater the contrast in my tanned vs. untanned skin color, the happier I was. I loved the slimming effect of my darkened skin courtesy of amped up melanocytes. My inflamed acne-prone complexion visually improved when camouflaged by a tan. And, the warmth of the sun quashed any remnants of the winter blues, known today as Seasonal Affective Disorder. Even today, a coconut fragrance evokes my favorite tan enhancing lotion and happy memories associated with using it.

My road to recovery began during my dermatology residency at Stanford. For the sake of my skin and my professional credibility (who would trust a tan dermatologist?) repentance was required. On occasion, I admit I relapsed.  During a Caribbean vacation, I paid the ultimate price for my setback by sustaining a sunburn– in front of my children no less!

To set an example beyond reproach, I gradually learned how to replace my bad habits with good ones. Today, I use sunscreen 365 days a year, rain or shine, reapplying every two hours when outdoors. Poolside, I sit under an umbrella, sporting a large brimmed hat and big Jackie O type sunglasses. I even commissioned our company to design a gigantic visor (helps avoid “hat hair”) with a Rodan + Fields logo, hoping Glamour magazine would use it as a “Do” in their iconic fashion “Do’s and Don’ts” section. If an overcast day gives me the “blah’s,” 15 minutes spent in front of a non-UV emitting light box lifts my spirits. And, drum-roll please, I co-created the ultimate sunless tanning foam. It looks natural, dries quickly, smells great, goes on streak-free and lasts for days. It puts all the other ones I’ve ever used to shame.

I’m writing this while traveling en route to Hawaii for our Road to RFX Maui Incentive Trip. As I admire my faux tan, I can promise you that recovery never looked so good!


Your Green Invitation to Check Us Out!
Rodan+Filelds Dermatologists
Executive Consultant
Trish Ackermann
 
Grateful for your referrals, they are the cornerstone of my business!
I've partnered with the doctors who created Proactiv on their new business venture.
We are committed to owning the $2.5 billion Anti-Aging market with our new AMP MD.
 
For a career with Rodan + Fields or Rodan + Fields Products visit me here

http://facesbytrish.posterous.com (Shop R+F tab)
FacesByTrishRF@gmail.com
(615) 477.1230 verizon cell

LISTEN AND LEARN About Rodan+Fields in your own home, take notes and then call me to have them answered directly, then if we feel that we would make good business partners...we make it official!



MY STORY

I'm a former sales manager/trainer/wife and mom who jumped at the opportunity to the ride the coat-tails of the dermatologist who created ProActiv and they set out to change the face of skincare and lives with their signature line of products, Rodan + Fields Dermatology.

My goals were to find a new, creative option in which I could still mold my schedule around my kids, and still have time to volunteer at school and in my community. I have been profoundly blessed to find more than I was looking for with this business model and compensation plan!

My goal today...is to make it to the top of Rodan + Fields pay plan this year and give my husband the opportunity to retire from his 25 years of Corporate America by May of 2012!

Creating financial freedom for my family is rewarding but helping others to duplicate this success is what makes this the best type of business in the world!

Get ahead of the wave of economic change by joining me...Today!

Posted via email from Faces by Trish *Rodan+Fields*

No comments:

Post a Comment