Tuesday, May 10, 2011

9 Reasons Why I Can't Go Back

A 15-year  professional whose famous last words were “you’ll never see me doing network marketing” talks about the reasons there’s no going back to traditional workplace. Once you’ve experienced the freedom and creativity of ideas, personal growth, people and most importantly, the flexibility of your time, there’s no U-turn. Learn what I mean by “Feed your soul” and “Corporate world detox” and “Warning this may cause insomnia”.

Image001

1. Success has a way of repeating itself.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned, wildly successful entrepreneurs have a habit of repeating themselves. I know something good when I see it, and so do you. What the doctors did for the acne market is nothing compared to the innovation and economic drivers they will bring to the $2.5 billion anti-aging market. This is a legacy brand, a sequel with a proven formula for success. It’s as if Adidas, Audi or Martha Stewart went direct and said to me, “Trish, the market already exists, go carve out as big a share as you possibly can, as fast as you can and we’ll pay you royalties to do it.” Now, that’s my kind of incentive package.

2. Empowerment is contagious and may cause insomnia.

Because we’re first with clinically proven products and now this patent-pending AMP MD Roller and first in the company, and because we can build anywhere and as big as we want, I find myself losing sleep over the possibilities in DC, NY, NJ, PA, RI and New England alone!  Not to mention the rest of the country!  You name it, no territories, share the products, the vision, and build, build, build! It’s like a start-up on steroids. Warning, if you want a low-adrenaline, hobby-money side business, this may not be for you.

3. Corporate world detox.

I have personally worked for great bosses, but I have also worked for bad bosses and companies that had crazy office politics that would have driven Mother Teresa to drink. When I had finally quit my corporate job, I went through corporate world detox. I was convinced I couldn’t do that to myself again nor did I want to have a work schedule that was dictated by others. I wanted to contribute financially to my family and use my skills, experiences, and talents. I'm so thankful I'm in business for myself, but not by myself, and no one can cap my salary, put a note in my HR file, freeze my bonuses or salary increases. There's not only no glass ceiling, there's no ceiling whatsoever. How fortunate that I can contribute to my family's income and help save for our kids’ college tuition working from home around my kids' schedules from Spring Hill, Tennessee or anywhere I travel in the US!

4. Feeds your soul.

You can experience so much autonomy and creative freedom in this business. When you own a business like this, not one drop of effort is wasted … it’s a daily professional and personal development seminar times infinity. You have your own marketing laboratory and you control the effort. That’s a great feeling if you value creativity, strategy and customer relations. You have a direct impact on other people - changing skin and changing lives and it all feeds your soul. Wow… FEEDS YOUR SOUL… now that’s deep!

5. People matter.

If you don’t need any more friends, genuinely good, inspirational people in your corner, cheering you on, pulling for your success, collaborating and challenging you to be the best, then this industry is not for you. I have an amazing career and I work with very talented professionals. On my team there are successful teachers, real estate agents, stay-at-home moms, beauty professionals, pharmaceutical reps, business owners, & students, many of whom work this business in very part-time hours. What do we have in common? We understand what it means to be first with no inventory, no paperwork, state-of-the-art technology at our fingertips and a target market that's literally everyone with skin.

6. If you find a consumer branded company in network marketing, jump on it.

A brand is essentially a promise made and kept. Brands like Nike, Starbucks, Apple, Costco all make a promise about their products, service, price points and then consistently live up them. As consumers, we know what we’re getting when we choose to spend our money with these companies. It’s trusted, it’s known and credible. That’s exactly what drew me in; the doctors that created Proactiv are a brand, an $850 million annually brand that helps 18 million people worldwide solve their acne issues. The Doctors are a cutting edge, successful brand known for redefining entire market categories on a global scale. They’ve been featured in the New York Times, Fox Business News, Allure Magazine, the Today Show and more. Their names are synonymous with trust, innovation, proven solutions and integrity.

7. It's about being Purpose-Driven, and not profit-driven.

I’ve learned that to be successful in this business is to put yourself in the service of others — your team, your friends, your family, your community. I tell my new business partners, “when you join my team, I go to work for you.” This is no small offer given that I have 15 years of sales, marketing and training experience including time with great companies like Disney, Estee Lauder and Clinique . This business is the greatest example of “you have to give to get” and now, because I’m only working 20-30 hours a week, I get to give my time to serving others, spending more time with my family and my personal passions.

8. This business is not for everyone.

This is a fact I rather like. You’ve got to be a self-starter, love people, be open-minded and have a strong work ethic. Since that essentially describes me, I get to hang out with some pretty awesome people. The cream rises to the top. It’s not sink or swim, but the faster you swim, the more exciting and rewarding it is. So, by natural selection, I’m working with some super smart, ambitious people which makes this a whole lot of fun!

So, I have to wonder...

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this business model sooner? Oh, yeah… I wasn’t ready to listen… I guess that makes for reason #9… timing is everything! For me, it just happens to be the right time when I am really ready put my family first and be an entrepreneur. Recently I gave myself permission to be mommy + wife + business owner AND be proud of the fact I am living my values with balance, passion, and grace.

Image004

For more information about partnering with Drs. Rodan & Fields, or about our amazing products, visit my website!

Posted via email from Faces by Trish *Rodan+Fields*

No comments:

Post a Comment