Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where you live...or visit...MATTERS!

By Dr. Kathy Fields

Between visiting family in both Chicago and Florida, business travel across the country, and upcoming college campus visits, I practically live in my suitcase. I am constantly unpacking and repacking clothes, shoes, toiletries and skincare for different locales. And when it comes to what has become almost a weekly routine, this derm’s confession: I’m a slave to my pores. Wherever I travel throughout the country, my priority is keeping my pores happy, regardless of climate. So I cater to them each and every day.

  • When jet setting to Miami during the hot, humid summers, I pack a clay-based cleansing mask to unclog pores; an oil-free mattifying sunscreen and oil-blotting papers to reduce oil on-the-go.
  • When I travel to Chicago during the cold, dry winters, my focus changes to miniaturization (if skin gets too dry it will start creating excess oil, leading to clogged, enlarged pores). I bring a heavy moisturizer to apply on damp skin after showering to lock in moisture.
Regardless of where I am, my daily routine always includes a product containing hydroxy-acids to keep my pores clear, and retinol to fortify my skin structure so my pores stay tight and younger looking.

This may seem like a lot to go through, but at the end of the day it’s all worth it to look as young as you feel. Skin is a beautiful thing … wear it well.

Posted via email from Faces by Trish with Rodan + Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment